Written from a series of college lectures on PHP and mySQL this book is a practical look at programming. It starts with an introduction to PHP and then goes on to mySQL and how to use SQL with the PHP language.
It provides an introduction to web programming, how to display data from a database and update data to the database. It explains issues that you encounter in real world situations and provides the basic code from which you can then use to go to further develop.
If would be helpful if you have some HTML knowledge but the examples do provide you with what you need know. It is also helpful to have had some experience in programming using one of the more popular languages such as Visual Basic although this is not necessary.
Many of the tutorials consists of a series of examples and tasks which are intended to illustrate each point and concentrate on simplified code so that you can see how to use it.
• Introduction - Variables, programming techniques and so on
• Forms and PHP - Posting data between forms
• Basic PHP structures - include files and how to use them
• SQL and mySQL - Querying database tables using SQL
• Using PHP and mySQL - Connecting to mySQL with PHP
• Further PHP and mySQL - More PHP and mySQL
• Error handling and debugging - Simple methods to find errors
• Cookies and sessions - When and where to use them
• Modifying Records - editing and updating databases with PHP and SQL
• Classes - An introduction to object orientated programming
• File Handling - Reading and writing to text files
• Regular Expressions and Validation - Some validation methods
• SQL Injection - Some methods to overcome this issue
• JQuery - An introduction to JQuery
Tags: download, paul gibbs, ebook, pdf, php tutorials
Download from mirrors